Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Scene Styler

Followers

My Blog List

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ferragamo Faustina

Ferragamo has a brand new designer and HELLO, isn't it totally obvious? Cristina Ortiz replaced Graeme Black last season and this her first collection. Although it seems curious as to how this translates to the usual Ferragamo customer, I for one can overlook the old lady classic aesthetic that the brand is known for and dive right in to a bag that I love, even if it is the only thing in the entire collection worth looking at (although that is not true because I picked up a raw edge thick crocodile belt that is astonishingly hip and rockin').

The detailing on this is so unusual and eye catching, it was the first thing that I zeroed in on - and I saw it in black so it wasn't even this brilliant and dazzling bronze metallic. The entire bag is covered with little leather squares that dangle like confetti.

It is also quite big, even the smaller version is about 18" across at the bottom. The larger size looks like a carry on and is extremely heavy. Which leads me to my next point. This bag is extremely heavy. All those little leather confettis really add up and it is also lined in leather so it is like the weight of 3 bags.

The foldover edges mixes things up a bit, which I like so it isn't all one thing all over, it also gives contrast so you can appreciate the detailing. The weight of the bag makes it slouch at the bottom but I totally love that, it loosens up the overly "done" design and gives it the girl-on-the-go look. Aside from the weight, you're not going to like the price either, it is a whopping $3450.

No comments:

Post a Comment