Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Scene Styler

Followers

My Blog List

Sunday, January 27, 2008

On the Subject of Rain Boots.....

Buying a pair of shoes is usually such a joyous experience for me. I love to browse, touch, try on and most importantly, bring home new pairs of shoes. The odd thing is, I recently had a shoe shopping experience that made me feel more like I was shopping for car insurance, not a fabulous piece of fashion for my feet. So what could possibly put such a damper on my favorite pass time? The answer is rain boots. Rubbery, floppy, goofy, tacky rain boots!!!

Let me assure you that this purchase was totally out of necessity. Florida girls may not need them but, if you live in a big city, it's a very bad idea too live without them.


So, the only thing left to do was suck it up and buy pair of so called "wellies". The real trouble started when I saw how ridiculous some of the styles were. There are psychedelic prints, skulls, ducks and cute little animals. None of these however, would fit the bill for me. Fashion Gods bless those who it will.

So, for any of you fashion lovers out there who find themselves in the unlucky situation of needed new rain boots, here are some choices that just might NOT make you cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment