Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Scene Styler

Followers

My Blog List

Monday, November 12, 2007

A Little More Tunic Love


And the love is for the latest addition to my wardrobe, the Smocked Grecian Tunic in Pink. Yes, it’s pink! I bought this top the same day I bought the Purple Butterfly-sleeved Tunic last month. I’m slowly putting colour in my outfits. I’m finding it quite fun, actually.
I’ve always been influenced by what my mum had consistently told me regarding clothes, you see. She believes that I should only buy items that can last me longer than a year. It should have that timeless quality in them. And I’ve equated timeless with neutral colours, safe prints and conventional makes. Oh, I make it sound boring, don’t I?
Not to be mistaken that I’ve regretted having taken on my mum’s advice, I’m letting you know that I haven’t. It may have made me take less risks in terms of styling and a bit behind in what everyone may think is trendy but, hear this, I actually believe that this has influenced me to have a more discerning taste in fashion, meticulous, if you may. And this taste have been tried and tested with time, so, I really can’t complain.
So, going into the details of this tunic, I love the deep plunge down front and the back. I used to be conservative on that area and a wee bit insecure since, er, I don’t possess the cleavage the top is designed to show off but I like bask in the illusion which that sexy bit of it creates for me. I love the soft fabric which makes me think that it’s made out of pure cotton (no tag to form as reference, sadly) and the length would even allow me to use it as a dress if I want it to. The Grecian-inspired style is a major plus. It’s simple enough to use for a variety of occasions with different options for bottoms, the only trick is to make sure that the tunic will not over power the said bottom.
This is a good example of a fusion between my mum’s influence and my personal style. It’s simple and dynamic enough to last longer than it should and at the same time has a certain quality that makes it unique on its (and the wearer’s) own.
The tunic only costs roughly around $6. I got it at a real bargain, eh? Shopping is quite draw for tourists, I believe. One of the many great things, not to mention the gorgeous beaches, on why you should give my country, Philippines, a visit, don’t you think?

http://scenestyler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment